This course is designed to mitigate non-compliance penalties by providing the Designated Employer Representative (DER) with an accurate understanding of the Department of Transportation (DOT) mandated protocol for substance abuse testing. At the conclusion of the workshop, the DER will possess the comprehensive knowledge necessary to comply with DOT requirements in order to assure DOT and company compliance. Specific curriculum is aimed at describing the standards of professionalism, accountability, and ethical behavior required as a DER.
- Understand the role of the DER in the mandated testing regulations.
- Learn more about the DER’s working relationship with the C/TPA, MRO, SAP and Collectors.
- Overview of the drug and alcohol testing protocol including review of 40 CFR Part 40.
- Developing and enforcing your company’s policy.
- Understanding each Reason for Testing and their associated processes and regulations.
- Define issues that arise during the testing process and what action is required of DERs including employee violations.
- Effectively answer questions of employees regarding the DOT substance abuse testing protocol.
- Be prepared to deal with positive test results.
- How to determine if the testing was conducted correctly and the completion of Custody and Control Forms, Alcohol Testing Forms and MRO reports meet DOT regulations.
- Organizing company recordkeeping, MIS Reports and reporting requirements for a mock DOT audit.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for company representatives who are responsible for the administration of drug and alcohol testing programs, especially for Designated and Alternate Employer Representatives who are newly assigned administrators. In either case, the training will increase their comfort level with the federal regulations, drug-free workplace state laws and their compliance responsibilities.
Cost: $95.00/person (Advanced payment required – no invoicing)
To register for training, please fill in the fields below and click submit.