This course is designed to provide Supervisors with a systematic and comprehensive review of Drug and Alcohol warning signs in the workplace and how to take action properly. Attention is given to understanding applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, primarily 49 CFR Part 40. Prominent attention is given to providing the knowledge and confidence for supervisors to properly take action if reasonable cause is identified. This training will be customized to cover FMCSA, FTA, FRA, USCG, FAA and/or PHMSA drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Understand DOT regulations and their impact on the DOT-covered entity.
- Understand how the DOT regulations impact workplace drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Identify signs and symptoms of drug use and alcohol misuse.
- Understand the importance of a company drug policy and the company’s responsibilities.
- Provide a systematic and comprehensive review of reasonable cause / suspicion determination
- The importance of legally defensible documentation.
- How to constructively confront employees.
- How to manage a positive test result and help the employee obtain assistance.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all persons designated to supervise employees covered by DOT regulations. Supervisors must receive at least 60 minutes of training on alcohol misuse and receive at least an additional 60 minutes of training on controlled substances use. The training is required to assist a supervisor in determining whether reasonable suspicion exists to require a driver to undergo testing. The training includes the physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators of probable alcohol misuse and use of controlled substances. Recurrent training for supervisory personnel is not required, however highly recommended as regulations constantly change.
It is recommended for the Designated and Alternate Employer Representatives, Safety Managers/Directors, Driver Supervisors, Public Transit Supervisors, Dispatch Supervisors, Transportation Manager and Personnel/HR Managers.
Cost: $95.00/person (Advanced payment required – no invoicing)
To register for training, please fill in the fields below and click submit.